DESCRIBE YOUR WORK AREA AND FOCUS
- I focus on supporting research activities in the DW group. My core competence is software development which is also what I practice in projects I take part in.
PROJECTS you are involved in?
- At the time of writing, I work on a system named GoMap. The system detects traffic signs from geo tagged imagery collected by consumer grade cameras and smartphones. Traffic sign detections are stored in a data warehouse for later analysis. Already, GoMap is able to cluster traffics sign detections and afterwards place the physical traffic sign fairly accurately on a map.
Currently, we work on analyzing speed limit sign detections such speed limits can be mapped to road segments. The GoMap system has potential use cases such as asset management and self-driving vehicles. GoMap is being worked on as part of the RESPONS project.
In the near future, I will start working on the DIREC project.
FUN AND OTHER FACTS?
- I have a one year old daughter
- I have a full electrician degree, but decided to follow my passion for computers
- I have a bachelor in IT and a master CS(IT).
- I like cooking